THE DECLARATION of CAMN 1
From 4 to 7 of September, 1999 Art Managers from Georgia, Armenia,
Azerbaidjan, Russia and Kirgistan at the meeting in Tbilisi have discussed problems of modern culture requiring not only
ideas, but also creation of the Art Managers organization, which
will search new financial and human resources.
The mission of Caucasian Art Managers Meeting is creation of a
network for increasing mobility within the limits of the European
cultural community through the tax, distribution and exchange of
the necessary and accessible information and resources.
The idea of creation the mobile structure for professionals in
the cultural field, which want to expand the opportunities, have
appeared some years ago, in purpose to overcome barriers, which
still prevent a free exchange of ideas, information, experience
between the countries and regions.
The result of the meeting was the creation Caucasian Art Managers
Network /CAMN /, which carries out its activity by support of
Stichting Caucasus Foundation /SCF/ through its offices /Tbilisi,
Baku, Yerevan/. The CAMN coordinators will work at SCF regional
For successful work of the managers in the field of culture
Caucasian Art Managers Network will aspire:
To create an information bank;
- To provide an exchange of ideas and experience;
- To provide network service;
- To provide professional contacts;
- To provide mobility;
- To promote creation of uniform space for Art Managers;
- To create published directory;
- To carry out the exchange training programs;
- To promote regional and interregional cooperation in art.
The Board members and coordinators will promote research of means
for new technology equipment for art organizations.
The declaration is signed by the participants of the meeting
Additional information about CAMN
The purpose of meeting: to ensure the new cultural initiative in
the Caucasian region and to develop cultural cooperation with the
neighborhood countries of the South, North, East and West.
The new approach:
- To promote formation and realization of policy of cultural
- To create conditions for decentralized and
- To aspire to constructive cooperation and cultural
dialogue with existing structures with the purpose of working out
new forms of interaction for creation of culture of an open
- To provide search of necessary resources for realization
and improvement of national and regional cultural policy;
- To organize and to carry out the international symposiums, social
laboratories and other measures with the purpose of exchanging
ideas and experience;
- To use widely opportunities of new
technologies for global access to CAMN
Caucasian Art Managers Network is open for cooperation with any
organizations in the field of culture.
Members of the Board:
Teona Kakhidze - Chairman of the Board
Narek Tovmasyan Armenia
Keteva Kordzakhia Georgia